Cookies on the FRANCE LAIT website
For the purposes of adapting the website to its visitors’ requirements, we monitor the number of visits and page views, as well as the activity of visitors within the website and returning visitor frequency.
Google Analytics, the statistical tool used by this website, creates a cookie with a unique identifier, which has a retention period limited to 13 months. We also collect your IP address in order to determine the town or city you are connecting from. This is immediately anonymized after use. The CNIL (French data protection agency) cannot therefore under any circumstances use it to trace an actual person.
What is a cookie?
What information is collected by FRANCE LAIT?
- The date and time of connection of a terminal to an electronic communication service,
- The URL (internet address) of the referrer web page of the terminal accessing an electronic communication service,
- The URL (internet address) of the web page accessed by the terminal consulting an electronic communication service,
- The type of operating system used by the terminal (Windows, Mac Os, Linux, Unix, BeOS. etc.),
- The type and version of browser software used by a terminal (Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc.),
- The operating language of the browser software used by the terminal,
- The identifier and content of a cookie file stored by us on the terminal.
- The type of terminal used during browsing (computer, telephone, tablet, etc.)
- Confirming the message related to breast milk in the “Products” area
What is the purpose of the cookies issued by FRANCE LAIT?
- To form statistics and figures for visits and examine the use of our website’s various elements (sections and content visited, path), enabling us to improve our website’s ergonomics and services.
- To adapt how our website is presented to suit your terminal’s display preferences (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during visits to our website, according to your terminal’s hardware and software for viewing and reading;
- To store information related to a form you have filled in on our website (registration or access to the members’ area);
- To enable you to access reserved and personal areas of our website, such as our members’ area, by means of identifiers or data which you may have previously entrusted to us;
- To implement security measures, for example when you are asked to re-login to the members’ area after a certain period of time has passed.
Your options concerning cookies
Users can refuse “cookies” by configuring their browser to do so. However, if users decide to delete their cookies, they must then repeat the procedure. The same applies if they decide to browse using a different browser. Cookies must be deleted once again from this second browser.
How to delete cookies from different browsers:
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Select “Open menu”, then “Options”
2. Click on the “Privacy” panel
3. Set “Firefox will”: to “Use custom settings for history” and select your preferred options
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Select the “Tools” menu then “Internet options”
2. Click the “Privacy” icon
3. Use your cursor to select the desired level
1. Go to the Chrome menu > Settings
2. Click “Show advanced settings…”
3. Click “Content settings…” under Privacy
4. Click “Cookies and site data…” in the new window
5. Click “delete all” and confirm by clicking “OK”
Go to the Safari menu > Preferences
Under “Block cookies” click “Always”
More information (in French) on cookies from the CNIL:
Learn all about cookies: http://www.cnil.fr/vos-droits/vos-traces/les-cookies/#c5554
How to cover your tracks on the web (in French): http://www.cnil.fr/vos-droits/vos-traces/les-cookies/conseils-aux-internautes/
Real-time visualisation tool which identifies cookies sending data (in French): http://www.cnil.fr/vos-droits/vos-traces/les-cookies/telechargez-cookieviz/
If you share the use of your terminal with other people
If your terminal is used by several people, and when the same terminal has several different browsers, we cannot be absolutely certain that the services and advertisements intended for your terminal will correctly correspond to your own use of this terminal rather than to that of another user of this terminal.
Where applicable, sharing the use of your terminal and the configuration of your browser settings as regards cookies with other people is done by your own choice and at your own responsibility.
Personal data and browsing information
We may adapt the offers and advertisements intended for you based on information related to your terminal’s browsing on our website or within websites or services published by third parties and on which we issue cookies.
Where you have provided us with personal information about yourself (notably your email address) during your registration, subscription or access to our website, we may, subject to your preferences, associate browsing information related to your terminal, processed by cookies issued by us, with your personal data, in order to send you email promotions or to display on your terminal, within advertising areas containing cookies issued by us, customised advertisements specifically intended for you and which may interest you personally.
You may at any time ask to no longer receive advertisements or promotions adapted to your terminal’s browsing information by contacting us directly and free of charge, or by using the unsubscribe link included in any promotional material we may send you by email. Where applicable, any advertisements you may continue to receive, unless you tell us otherwise, will no longer be adapted to your terminal’s browsing information.
Furthermore, should we seek to obtain from a third party (targeted advertising provider, advertising agency, etc.) information regarding your terminal’s browsing which we may associate with the personal data you have supplied to us, we will ask for your express prior permission before undertaking any such association and sending you advertisements or promotions based on this.